Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A bit of sadness here. One of our favorite rock bands had a HUGE blowout fight last night. I'm talking of course about PSYCHO NEIGHBOR. I'm not sure they have the FaceBook page up yet, but these guys are terrific.

Anyway, last night, one of the two female vocalists was shown the door by two other members of the band. Right in the middle of a gig too! I mean, what are the chances of that happening? Kim, who is known to smash up furniture and is just a generally destructive rocker in the image of the WHO, was threatening the vocal abilities of the young lead, Mel in the last month as the band expanded beyond its traditional list of cover tunes.

Now I don't know the whereabouts of Adam, the percussionist, but apparently there was an on-stage argument about missing the beat and artistic license. It didn't end well for Kim, always a favorite of mine and, I believe, one of the key forces for the creation of the band too. As Brian, the strong silent type guitarist, went along with Mel. There were tears of rage and all that rock stuff. More as I get word of what really happened.

No comments: